Happy Friday my friends! Today I bring you a fun Valentine’s Day collab!
Jackie, Liz, and I have collaborated to create a fun look for Valentine’s Day. We also asked Chelsea and Tanya to join us.
For this tag, each of use created a full face look along with an outfit idea using Polyvore. The twist, we each had to use only one eye palette to create an eye look.
I decided to use the Urban Decay Vice 2 palette, this was a limited edition palette that released last fall, but you can find my swatches and mini-review on it here.
Let’s get started!
For the eye look, I wanted to go for something a bit more dark, but with a pop of color in the center of the lid.
Here’s what I did!
- I started by priming my eye lids, you can use the eye primer of your choice.
- I then mixed Habit and Rewind and placed that in my crease, using this as a transition shade.
- Next, I used an angled crease brush and took Derailed, I placed this shade in the inner and outer corners of my eyelids, making sure to enough room in the middle of my lid for a different shade.
- Then, I took a small blending brush, and softly blended the colors to meet at my crease, still leaving a blank area in the center of my lid.
- Taking Betrayal with a flat shader brush, or with your finger, I placed it right at the center of my eyelid, I made sure to pack the color in very well.
- With a blending brush, I gently blended around my crease…gently.
- I then took Derailed and placed that on my inner and outer lash line, and Betrayal right in the center, mimicking the eyelids.
- Lastly, I used Dope as a brow bone and inner corner highlight.
- I skipped the winged liner and instead I lined very closely to my lash line as well as my waterline.
- Primer | Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer
- Foundation | CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1
- Concealer | MAC Prolongwear concealer
- Powder | Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
- Bronzer | Benefit Hoola
- Blush | theBalm Instain Blush in Argyle
- Highlight | theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
- Setting Spray | Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray
- Eye Palette | Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette
- Eye Liner | L’Oreal Extra Intense Eye Pencil
- Mascara | EM Lash Gallery
- Eyebrows | ELF Eyebrow Kit and Chella Dark Brown Eye Pencil
- Lip Balm | Malin+Goetz Mojito Lip Balm
- Lip Color | Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive
And here is the finished look!
My husband and I are pretty low key, we usually do dinner or spend a weekend away…but I still love getting all dressed up. For the outfit I created, I went for something a lot more my style. I think this outfit represent me very well. Sophisticated yet fun, with the pops of orchids and pinks. (You can’t really tell from the picture, but the necklace has little orchid colored gems along with some pinks.)
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day?
I hope you enjoyed this look, and maybe give it a try. I’d love to see it if you do, so send it to me Instagram or Twitter. 🙂
Don’t forget to check out the looks created by my beautiful friends! Let them know I sent ya!
Jackie | FiveTwo Certified | NYX Dream Catcher Palette
Liz | My Pretty Obsessions | Laura Mercier Enlightenment Eye & Cheek Palette
Chelsea | Tiger Love Beauty | Urban Decay Naked 3
Tanya | Leopard Lace & Cheesecake | Tarte of Giving Palette by Tarte
Until next time beauties!
♥ My allergies have been crazy, my eyes get so red and puffy along with a runny nose. Yuck!
♥ My No Buy Challenge starts on Saturday…wish me luck! Hehe!
♥ I have an “extra” post that will go up this weekend…keep an eye out.0