Hi beauties!! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, today I am doing a collab with my good friend, Amiee, from ambeautylife on YouTube.
She asked me to do a collab with her and I was more than happy to do so. She came up with the idea of doing a back to school makeup look, but…with only $20 to spend!
It worked out perfectly, since I was planning on doing a $20 makeup challenge anyway since my dear friend Chelsea, from Tiger Love Beauty challenged me awhile back, check out her post here.
I hope you guys check out mine and Amiee’s videos!
- Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation – $4.97
- The consistency of this foundation is quite thick and mousse-like. The coverage is medium to full, but it can cake up a bit. It settled into my laugh-lines, but it did wear decently with my oily skin.
- Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter -$4.97 (50% off) – $2.48
- I did not like the applicator too much, a lot of product comes out at once, but the consistency and coverage of this concealer is nice. This would be perfect for someone who doesn’t have super dark undereye circles.
- Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Trio in Sweet as Candy – $2.93
- These shadows are nicely pigmented and blend nicely. They are a bit powdery, but nothing too bad.
- Wet N Wild Blush in Berry Shimmer – $2.93 (50% off) – $1.46
- I love these blushes, they are super pigmented and blend really nicely.
- NYC Brow/Eyeliner Pencil in Taupe – $0.98 (50% off) – $0.49
- This was a bit hard to work with, especially as an eyeliner. It tugged on my eyelids too much, and the color payoff just wasn’t there. As far as my brows, it did a good job, but it’s still not something that I would repurchase.
- NYC Expert Last Lipstick in Berry Me – $1.96
- I was really impressed by this lipstick, it’s creamy, smooth and pigmented! I will definitely be picking up a few more shades!
- ELF Eyelid Primer – $1.00
- This is a great eye primer for someone who doesn’t have oily lids…it holds up nicely and doesn’t crease.
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara – $2.99
- For the price, this mascara works really nicely. In the video, I only apply a couple coats, but off camera I probably would have loaded up on mascara. I’m really enjoying it.
GRAND TOTAL – $18.28
(I totally forgot to snap some pictures…sorry!)
So what do you guys think!?
I probably could have gotten more items, had I looked for coupons and such…but since this is a back to school look, I wanted to keep the look easy, minimal and quick!
YouTube Video – http://youtu.be/o6zMgZanwA0
Thank you guys for reading, please don’t forget to check out Amiee’s video, and let her know I sent ya!
Until next time beauties!
Let’s chat! Find me on other social media sites!
Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Bloglovin’
Enter my giveaway here!0