Hey there! Anyone else dragging their feet this week!? I am, after 2 wonderful weeks off of work, it’s been hard going back to my daily routine. #thestruggleisreal
Haha! Okay, so in all seriousness now, I have been trying out this new mascara from Maybelline for the last couple of weeks. As you guys probably know, I don’t normally try out new mascaras. I like what I like and I stick to it. But for this new year, I’m makin’ changes y’all!
Where To Buy | Drugstores, Ulta, Walmart, Target
Color Selection | 3 (Brownish Black, Very Black, Blackest Black)
Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara pushes up lashes for dramatic volume and lift.
- Push up cup brush
- Revolutionary cup shaped bristles
- Scoops and lifts from the root to add bold volume
- Ophthalmologist tested
- Contact lens safe
- The formula is very wet, I prefer wet mascaras so I do like that.
- I recommend no more than 3 coats, after the second coat, it clumps more and doesn’t do much else.
- The wand is a rubber wand with both short and long bristles.
- I find that this mascara gives my lashes decent volume and length. It does a good job at holding a curl, however my lashes hold a curl pretty well on their own.
- I have not experienced any flaking, smudging or brittle lashes.
- It is not hard to remove, however, I don’t use the waterproof formula.
PS – My pupils are dilated due to a medication I’m on…they go back to normal within a couple hours after I wake up. Looks a bit freaky, I know…
Before curling my lashes, no product.
Forgot to share what it looks like on the bottom lashes above, here the top lashes have two coats and the lower lashes have one coat.
Overall, I think this mascara is decent, not amazing but not horrible either. I think if I was in a pinch and my HG mascara was out of stock, I would repurchase this. Oh, may I add, isn’t the packaging super cute!
Have you tried this mascara? What is your holy grail mascara?
Until next time beauties!
Let’s chat! Find me on other social media sites!0