Thank you Waxing The City for sponsoring this post. Unwanted hair is part of life…and so is getting rid of it. From brows – to backscaping – to bare it all Brazilians –we’ve seen it all. With 100 locations open –you’ll be sure to find a Waxing The City studio near you. First time customers get 50% off their first service!
Are you getting ready for the hot months? Do you know how to get ready for summer when it comes to your skin, makeup, etc? Use these steps to help you get ready for summer!
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning that any clicks/purchases may result in a small commission to keeping Beauty With Lily running at no additional cost to you.
We are gearing up for summer and after sharing a few summer beauty tips and tricks with y’all last week. I wanted to continue the theme with today’s post by sharing a few tips on how to get ready for summer — beauty wise! Let’s dive right in!
How To Get Ready For Summer | Beauty Edition
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!! Don’t forget to drink plenty of H2O — it should be your BFF!
- Having smooth skin is a MUST during the hot months. So any unwanted hair can easily be taken care of with a wax from Waxing The City. I visited my local salon for a Brazilian treatment and let me tell you, I’m so happy I went to them.
- I chose to have a Brazilian wax treatment since we are nearing summer and I want to have super smooth skin. AND did you know that when waxing is done consistently, hair grows back slower, finer, and sparser, giving you better long-term results? In fact, some even say they no longer have hair growth in the areas they’ve waxed – sounds amazing!
- I will say, this was my first time getting this treatment done but my waxing expert made me feel so comfortable and was super professional! She answered all of my questions, talked me through every step and made the process so much more pleasant that what I was anticipating. I enjoyed the experience so much that I made my next appointment already! At Waxing The City, they’ve seen their fair share of hair—every shape, size and color fur, fleece and fuzz there is to see. So it’s fair to say – they’ve seen it all – in fact, they’ve done more than a half a million Brazilian. Once you go completely bare down there, you’ll be a Brazilian Believer.
- Are you thinking of getting a wax soon? Don’t hesitate! First time guests can receive 50% off their service. Visit waxingthecity.com to schedule your service.
- Don’t forget to let your body refresh and replenish. After spending time in the sun, give your skin some time for recovery.
- Our hair needs summer lovin’ too! Stock up on your favorite heat protecting spray — but make sure it helps against the suns harmful rays as well. Also try to avoid using too much heat on your hair.
- Since most of us spend a lot of time outside, the heat and sun can dry your hair out — coconut oil can be used as a moisturizing mask for an easy fix.
- The humidity can be a total buzz-kill sometimes, so applying a good frizz-fighting product will help wonders.
- Wearing your hair in fun braids, buns and twists can also help protect your hair from the sun. And when possible, wear a cute hat!
- One of the obvious things to never forget is SUNSCREEN! Always apply a high SPF sunscreen and re-apply throughout the day.
- Did you know — that the recommended amount of sunscreen to apply per a dermatologist is 1 ounce (that’s enough to fill one shot glass) per exposed area.
- Another no-brainer is to EXFOLIATE regularly. With most of your skin on display during the warm months, having smooth skin is key!
- Avoid the annoying “heat rash” (that usually appears on your arms) by keeping your skin cool. Carry a small misting bottle with cool water to spritz on yourself.
- Staying out too late and not getting enough sleep? Cold, caffeinated tea bags over your eyes can help de-puff and instantly wake you up!
- Keeping makeup at a minimum will not only make you feel more comfortable, but it’s also easier to keep up with. Opt for CC creams or tinted moisturizers.
- Don’t forget to take care of your lips — using a good tinted SPF lip balm will not only help protect from the sun, but it will also keep your lips moisturized, hydrated and give them a hint of color.
- Choose cheek tints, instead of powders — they last longer and wear better when wet. And skip the liner too — longer lashes give a fresher look!
You Might Also Like // Summer Beauty HacksPrep your skin for summer with these steps and by visiting your local @WaxingtheCity #NoShameZone Click To Tweet
That wraps up jam-packed post — I really hope this helps y’all get ready for the hot summer months ahead. Also, don’t forget to share some ways that you like to prep for summer down below in the comments section!
PS — Don’t forget that first time guests can receive 50% off their service. Visit waxingthecity.com to schedule your service.
How are you prepping for summer? Have you visited Waxing The City?
Enjoyed this post? Pin the image below and share with friends!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.1