Feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Check out these easy self-care ideas to treat burnout and help you overcome any slump in your life.
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning that any clicks/purchases may result in a small commission to keeping Beauty With Lily running at no additional cost to you.
Hi friends, today we are going to be talking about burnout and feeling overwhelmed. It can happen to anyone, work can become to stressful…the back and forth with kids can start to feel like too much…working from home is lonely and anxiety can kick in. There are many ways burnout can kick in. So it’s best to avoid it and know how to treat the burnout.
15 Easy Self-Care Ideas to Treat Burnout
A few weeks back I was feeling a bit down in the dumps, couldn’t get any motivation to do anything, and I feeling a bit overwhelmed. I was burned out…I was taking on too much and trying to get it all done. It was a struggle, so I have put together a few easy self-care ideas to treat burnout.
- Celebrate small victories and accomplishments.
- Start a self-love/affirmations journal.
- Go out of your way to be kind to others >> send someone a coffee gift card, or a kind message.
- Unfollow toxic people on social media >> you don’t need that negativity in your life.
- Take a nap.
- Start doing yoga.
- Unplug for an hour a day.
- Read your favorite book.
- Organize your closet and donate items you no longer need.
- Go to bed early.
- Watch your favorite movie, or binge watch your favorite series.
- Spend time with people who lift you up and encourage you.
- Take on a new hobby.
- Write a hand-written letter to a family member or friend.
- Volunteer at a local shelter.
If you find yourself feeling overwhelmed and like burnout is on the verge, schedule some time off. Time to recover and time to clear your mind is much needed. During this time, do some of these easy self-care ideas to treat burnout. They can take anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes, just enough time to break away from the stress and get back into the swing of things.
Also, don’t be afraid to ask a friend or family member for help. If it means delegating a few things to others, do so. Your mental health is much more important than perfectionism.
You Might Also Like // Small Office Space Ideas & Organization
So, now that you have a few self-care ideas, the trick to avoiding burnout, is to stick to a good self-care routine. Schedule it as a weekly, or even a daily event in your planner. Remember that self-care is about YOU and what YOU like. It doesn’t have to take an entire day. It can be as simple as sitting alone, in silence for 10 minutes with your favorite beverage.
What do you do to avoid burnout?
Enjoyed this post? Please share it on social media and pin this post! I truly appreciate your support!