Hi sweet friends! Thursday’s are usually video days…but since I lost some footage I didn’t have anything else ready for today. So I thought it would be a great opportunity to start slowly transitioning some of my blog posts from my infertility blog to this one. Like I have mentioned, I won’t be overloading you guys at all…I plan to incorporate these post on this blog perhaps once a month. Thank you all for being so incredible and supportive! Big hugs! In case you missed my last infertility post, read it here!
Over the past couple of years, I have learned so much while trying to conceive. Things about myself, my marriage, my family and so much more. So today I’m sharing with you just a few of those things…
- Pregnancy Announcements Are Hard
- Some days are easier than others but I occasionally have bad days, really bad days. And it doesn’t help that social media has become the place to announce pregnancies with cutesy pictures or videos. I hope I’m not sounding bitter, because I’m genuinely happy for the person, it just makes me a little sad for myself. It’s just another reminder that I may never get to share a cute pregnancy announcement. Oh boy…let’s not even get into buying baby gifts…that is SO hard!
- I Can’t Control Everything
- I am your typical Type A person, I want things done now, fast and right. With infertility, things just don’t work that way. It’s all a waiting game. One thing that I found difficult during IVF was the “not knowing” when retrieval and transfer would be. The doctor would give me one day, but my ovaries would give him another. It definitely took a lot from me to get used to this…to this day, I still struggle with this.
- How Strong My Marriage Is
- After countless hormone injections, surgeries, miscarriages, and so many ups and downs; my husband has literally seen me at my worst and has been by my side this whole entire time. I’ll admit, there were times when I would shut down, break down, and push everyone away from me but he was always there and willing to help. He’s not once given up on us, or this journey we are on. He is my rock.
- That My Faith Gets Stronger and Stronger
- My relationship with God has definitely grown over the last year. I will admit, it’s not where I would like it to be, but that’s the beauty of it…it will only get stronger and better from here.
- People Can Be Mean
- They may have good intentions, but some of the “advice” they give us, or even their opinion, can be mean. Maybe I’m overly sensitive, but I take some of these comments to heart…something I really need to work on. If you would like to read on What Not To Say during infertility, click here. No one can truly understand this struggle unless they have endured it themselves.
- People Can Be Wonderful
- There are SO many wonderful people out there! I’m so glad I have found such a great community online, met some amazing people and get to encourage them along their journey. Along with that, the amount of love, encouragement and positivity I get from you guys definitely outways the bad ones. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!
- It’s Okay to Take a Break
- It doesn’t mean you are giving up. My husband and I are currently on a break from trying and have been for the last few months. It has been extremely hard for me. But I have to remember that God already has a plan for us and I have to trust Him.
“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” — Carlos Castenada
Linking up with Annie from Home of Malones!
Let’s Be Friends! Find me on other social media sites!
Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Bloglovin’